Heard about this via the Gauntlet Podcast, came and bought that same day. No regrets, this looks amazing!
Himbos of Myth & Mettle
A downloadable game
You are big. Big arms, big tits, big thighs, big brai- you're big where it matters. In addition to a heaving, throbbing body, glistening lightly with a thin sheen of pleasantly fragrant perspirant, you have one singular unifying trait - come hell or high water, you are going to help.
2-5 players - GMed - 2-3 Hours per session - digital or physical
Himbos of Myth & Mettle is a high fantasy, high camp role playing game of epic proportions (of body), for 2-5 players, one of whom will act as Game Guide. The rules center around a simple roll under mechanic and prioritize narrative flair and cinematic descriptions. Himbos is inspired by many classic fantasy properties (and could be considered OSR adjacent) , but leans towards a more garish, salacious and queer (gay or odd, pick your fighter) style of play. It is designed with comedy and flamboyance in mind, but is not without it deeper and darker touches. It's definitely *not* grimdark, but there will probably be blood. Think classic fantasy pulp in style, but contemporary sensibilities, modern rules-lite mechanics, and a player philosophy centered in helping, kindness and being fucking hot.
Tonal touch points: Discworld, Xena, animated Hercules.
Some highlights of Himbos of M&M:
- Simple roll under core mechanic
- Modular + creative spellcasting rules for crafting *any* magical effect thinkable
- Easily compatible with most OSR and tradition dungeons + adventures
- Full lifepath system for creating deep and comedic character backstories
- Skills + gear designed to be expanded on the fly for added player creativity
- Hot, dripping, sweaty flavour everywhere!
- Editing by Aaron King
- Art by Mary Verhoeven (Sob Comix) & Emma James
Amazing Himbos 2 Shot crossover event with TPKRoleplay and PlusOneExp:
Himbos on offer:
$10 - Final game in multiple formats with full art, layout, character sheets, etc. (Html, PDF, epub)
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
It's a game about kindness for eff's sake, take a copy!
- Solstice on the Isle of Aldharcach57 days ago
- Moving physical sales67 days ago
- THE HARDCOVER IS EN ROUTEAug 25, 2022
- IT'S HERE!Jun 29, 2022
- Update! It's getting there!Jun 01, 2022
- March UpdateMar 16, 2022
- WE MADE IT!Feb 02, 2022
- HOLY CRAPJan 31, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.